Knowledge Update - knowledge is the key of powers
The update is responsible for providing a character development system that has always been missing when playing on RPG servers.
Skill system - reverse achievement system
The original version of the game provides a built-in player achievement system. Achievements are unlocked as the player is active while performing various activities. The update reverses this system - the player must acquire specific skills to be able to perform related activities or, in the case of simple activities, to be able to do them well, without flaws.
An example of such a simple skill is logging - a player whose character does not have the skill will have problems with maintaining the ax. It will just fall out of his hands, or he will hurt himself with it.
Currently not available due to the lack of a specific study. Skill Tree Branches:
- combat (hand-to-hand combat, melee weapons, ranged weapons, handling weapons and war machines)
- mining (extraction of ores and minerals, loose materials)
- agriculture (forestry, agriculture, horticulture, animal husbandry, fishing, veterinary medicine)
- alchemy (herbal medicine, herbal medicine, medicine)
- crafting (crafting and derivatives)
Acquiring skills "from scratch" will be a process that will require planning for the character's future.
The mere acquisition of a specific skill is not the end of the upgrade options. The acquired skills can be improved to a higher level, resulting in a better performance of the character in a given field.
Again with the example of the lumberjack - a lumberjack with a high harvesting skill can hit the ax better accordingly and have a chance to get more wood (similar to the 'luck' enchant).
Books of Knowledge
The last component of the update is adding to books the possibility of storing and transferring knowledge, i.e. skills acquired by a character.
Acquisition of books
The ways of obtaining books of knowledge can be different - buying from an NPC, finding them in chests or simply stealing. There are plenty of possibilities.
The player will also be able to create such books himself to pass his knowledge to others. Of course, after meeting the appropriate conditions regarding e.g. intelligence and acquiring the ability to transfer knowledge.
You could say that books of knowledge are a very similar solution to enchanted books.
After reading the book of knowledge, the player acquires a skill for his character or increases its statistics by what the book concerns. Each book will have an appropriate vitality, which decreases with each reading, and after which it is exceeded it will be destroyed.
When you find an old dusty book, be very careful with it! Otherwise all valuable knowledge will be lost...
Of course, it is impossible to jump to the hero from scratch... Reading books with very advanced knowledge by players whose character is at a low level will only result in the fact that they will not understand anything from this book.
Advantages of modification
- differentiation of players' characters depending on the chosen development path and the player's style of play
- real translation of the time devoted to the game and character development into specific profits
- modifying the range of possible actions performed by players through skills (specific actions, e.g. crafting excellent armor only for characters who have mastered blacksmithing)
- the possibility of acquiring knowledge (skills or increasing statistics) from books
- the ability to transfer the knowledge that you have yourself to the characters of other players by writing down books
- stimulating cooperation between players and sharing of responsibilities by preventing the rapid creation of "self-sufficient character"
Dependencies with other modifications
- Depends on Character Update - Through the influence of the character's statistics (e.g. strength) on the amount of "damage" dealt - similarly, a stronger player's character hits with greater force
- Complementary for Block Mechanics Update - Influence on the consumption of tools through character statistics - having specific skills or high dexterity will reduce them